SANYO ‘eneloop’ Provides Sustainable Solution for Music Industry – ‘eneloop music booster’ Rechargeable DC 9V Battery Unit for Music Devices
Convenient rechargeable battery pack provides consistent, long-lasting sound quality
January 14, 2010
Anaheim, CA, January 14, 2010 – SANYO North America Corporation (SANYO), a Leading Company for Energy and Environment, introduces the ‘eneloop music booster’, a rechargeable DC 9V battery unit for music devices, as a new addition to the ‘eneloop universe’ product series. The ‘eneloop music booster’ rechargeable battery will be available in late spring 2010 at music specialty stores nationwide.
The ‘eneloop music booster’ will be displayed at the NAMM Show 2010, the world’s largest musical instrument trade show, from January 14 to 17, 2010 in Booth 7013.
SANYO, utilizing its background as a world-leading rechargeable battery supplier, realized the need in the music industry for portable, stable, and reusable power, the type that rechargeable batteries can provide. In developing the ‘eneloop music booster’, SANYO hopes to make the music industry more aware of how energy is used, and to promote lifestyles of reusing and recycling.
Power is needed for many music devices, including effects units, amps, graphic equalizers, and multi-track recorders, which is typically provided through an AC adapter or a 9V dry cell battery (9V laminated battery). Musicians using AC adapters are limited to performance locations with electrical outlets, and are faced with issues where AC power causes nearby electrical equipment to generate noise interference. While 9V dry cell batteries offer the convenience of portability, dry cell batteries need to be replaced before exhausted to prevent any disruption during a performance, wasting of battery power, inconveniencing the musician and creating more waste. The SANYO ‘eneloop music booster’ has been designed to offer stable, long-lasting portable 9V power with a high-capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery to encourage a music style that matches the eneloop lifestyle of reusing and recycling energy for music devices.
“SANYO will reshape the way the music industry uses power, by offering our battery technologies like those found in the eneloop music booster for musicians to help them support a lifestyle that values reusing and recycling,” said Tom Van Voy, General Manager of the Consumer Products Group for SANYO North America. “We are committed to providing energy and environment-related solutions for professionals and consumers, and the eneloop music booster allows us to do both in one package.”
1. Portable, rechargeable 9V power supply
- Use anywhere as a truly portable power source
- Reusable rechargeable high-capacity lithium-ion battery
- Dual output supports power two 9V music devices simultaneously (max output of 2,000mA if using one, or 1,000mA per port when using both)
2. Stable voltage providing consistent, long-lasting sound quality
- Voltage boosting technology helps maintain steady voltage until power is exhausted
- Stability from unique blend of SANYO technologies offers long-lasting power for consistent sound quality
3. Three-stage remaining power indicator shows battery level at a glance, even during use
- Equipped with three-stage LED light that changes color to indicate remaining power level (over 60% indicated in Green, 30%~60% remaining indicated in Orange, and less than 30% indicated by Red)
- Indicator is viewable even during performance
- Convenient on/off switch to turn off multiple devices simultaneously, especially useful for effects units that normally have to be unplugged manually
4. Water Resistant
- Water resistant to JIS IPX3 compliance level (Japanese testing standard for water resistance, no damage when sprayed with water in vertical position at angles of up to 60 degrees on both sides)
5. Other Features
- No noise interference from surrounding electric equipment as occurs with AC power
- Approximately 3.5 hour charging time
- Standard usage times include approximately 50 hours for analog effects units (~10mA), up to 27 hours for digital effects units (~50mA), about 17 hours for digital multi effects units (~100mA), 7 hours for multi-track recorder or synthesizer (~300mA), and 2 hours for electronic drums or percussion (~1,000mA)
- Built-in 3.7V, 7.35Ah Lithium-ion battery
For more information about the SANYO ‘eneloop’ brand of products please visit http://us.sanyo.com.
SANYO Electric Co., Ltd. is a multi-billion dollar, leading company for energy and environment, providing solutions for environment, energy and lifestyle applications based on its brand vision ‘Think GAIA.’ SANYO North America’s Consumer Solutions Division (SANYO North America is a subsidiary of SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.), based in Chatsworth, California, is a service and sales division that markets digital projectors, digital still cameras, digital media camcorders, home appliances, security video equipment, audio systems, portable and mobile electronics. For more information on SANYO, please visit http://us.sanyo.com.
Source: SANYO North America Corp.
# # #
SANYO Consumer Solutions
Office: (714) 777-2760
Mobile: (714) 396-8080
SANYO North America Corporation
Office: (619) 661-4151